16th January 2015
Lighting Options Australia has officially teamed up with award industry leader and award winning LED manufacturer, Soraa.
Before Soraa, all LEDs worldwide were made of GaN crystals grown onto a dissimilar substrate: usually sapphire or silicon carbide.
Soraa bet that GaN on GaN™ LEDs would produce more light per area of LED and be more cost-effective than technology based on other substrates. This strategy ran against every trend in the LED industry. But Soraa’s world-class team had the credentials, experience, and vision to make that bet and beat the odds:
• Dr. Shuji Nakamura, inventor of the blue laser and LED and Nobel Prize winner.
• Dr. Steven DenBaars, founder of Nitres
• Dr. James Speck of U.C. Santa Barbara's College of Engineering
That bet paid off: today, Soraa is the only LED manufacturer using perfect GaN on GaN™ crystals for its products.
Why use GaN on GaN™ LEDs? They're simply better:
• GaN on GaN™ LEDs emit more light per LED material than any other LED
• GaN on GaN™ LEDs handle more electric current per area than any other LED
• GaN on GaN™ crystals are up to a thousand times more precise than any other
Only Soraa creates GaN on GaN™ lighting products for tomorrow's general illumination market. Perfect crystals mean perfect light.
Lighting Options Australia are an official Australian reseller and have excellent stock holdings.